As per the ASATA Members Terms of Reference, you Membership is due for renewal of every year.
As part of your annual membership renewal, you are reminded that the following documents are required to be uploaded to the Members Only section on the ASATA website. Please note, only documents that are uploaded will be accepted as part of the renewal process. Documents that are emailed will not be considered.
- The most recent financial statements as required by the Companies Act 71 of 2008. These financial statements must be signed by an authorised representative of the applicant, and needs to include a signed:
- auditor’s report, or
- independent reviewer’s report by an independent accounting professional.
If the Companies Act 71 of 2008 does not require that the applicant’s financial statements must be audited by an auditor or independent reviewer, the applicant must submit the financial statements with a report by an independent accounting officer, and the applicant’s representative must sign the ASATA Financial Declaration – COVID.
Recognising the severe impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, ASATA has extended the suspension of the requirement that its members’ financial statements need to confirm a current minimum ratio (current assets to current liabilities) of 1:1. However, even during these challenging times, all ASATA members have a responsibility to behave ethically, within the bounds of applicable laws and to protect the reputation of our industry. It is important to note that this is only a temporary measure.
- A current tax clearance certificate.
- Current BBBEE certificate or EME/QSE affidavit.
- Annual declaration – COVID
- Proof of payment of annual membership fee. (Members who are part of the top groups of ASATA are not required to submit proof of payment as this be administered by your Head Office)
Please take note of the following important information with regard to Membership Certificates:
- Should you have opted for a payment plan please note that certificates will be available on request and will reflect a validity date based on the payment option selected, and all relevant documents being uploaded.
- Your Annual Membership certificate, with a validity date of 01 April 2022 to 31 March 2023, will be issued on receipt of full payment of your membership fee being settled, and submission of all required documents.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any further information in respect of the above.