ASATA’s annual membership renewal process starts this month.
The ASATA board has decided to reduce the membership fee by 50% for the 2021/22 financial year. This decision comes following the implementation of several cost reduction measures, which includes retrenchments and salary reductions for the remaining staff. This is the minimum amount required to ensure ASATA’s continued existence. To this end, should you wish to discuss a payment plan, you are welcome to contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to invoices being issued.
Recognising the severe impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, and in an effort to reduce the financial burden on ASATA members and ASATA itself for the next financial year, ASATA has suspended the requirement that its members’ financial statements need to confirm a current minimum ratio (current assets to current liabilities) of 1:1. However, even during these challenging times, all ASATA members have a responsibility to behave ethically, within the bounds of applicable laws and to protect the reputation of our industry. It is important to note that this is only a temporary measure.
For more information on reckless trading during the national state of disaster, have a look at this article.
As part of your annual membership renewal, you are reminded that the following documents are required to be uploaded to the Members Only section on the ASATA website. Please note, only documents that are uploaded will be accepted as part of the renewal process. Documents that are emailed will not be considered.
- The most recent financial statements as required by the Companies Act 71 of 2008. These financial statements must be signed by an authorised representative of the applicant, and needs to include a signed:
- auditor’s report, or
- independent reviewer’s report by an independent accounting professional.
If the Companies Act 71 of 2008 does not require that the applicant’s financial statements must be audited by an auditor or independent reviewer, the applicant must submit the financial statements with a report by an independent accounting officer, and the applicant’s representative must sign the ASATA Financial Declaration.
- A current tax clearance certificate.
- Current BBBEE certificate or EME/QSE affidavit.
- Annual declaration – COVID
Please take note of the following important information with regard toMembership Certificates:
- Certificates will be available on request and will reflect a validity date based on the payment option selected, and all relevant documents being uploaded.
- Your Annual Membership certificate, with a validity date of 01 April 2021 to 31 March 2022, will be issued on receipt of full payment of your membership fee being settled, and submission of all required documents.
Please do not hesitate to contact Hannie Erasmus at email@example.com should you require any further information in respect of the above.