Following the announcement that COVID-19 TERS will be extended to 15 March 2021 for certain sectors and the subsequent opening for applications, ASATA has received a number of queries regarding additional information being requested by TERS.
On the TERS application portal the type of supporting documents are listed as examples only. None of the supporting documents are a must, but can be submitted to strengthen an application.
The options or examples could be:
- Company profile/ Brochure
- Proof of registration of business
- Proof of membership of an industry body such as ASATA, SATSA, FEDHASA
- Proof of sales or purchase to indicate business activity/ client linked to affected sector
- Proof of registration with SETA or any statutory body
The travel industry is not regulated, so no SETA or statutory body.
The application process remains the same for the previous period and all claims must be lodged via the online portal.
As with previous claim processes, to apply for the first extension period, employers are required to upload the following documentation:
- Signed approval / acceptance letter
- Bank Confirmation Letter (current)
- Proof of payment to employees for previous benefits claimed & received for the prior period (e.g. EFT, payroll report, pay recon)
- Refund to the UIF (if applicable).
- Letter of authority
For more information on the TERS extension please click here.
SATSA has also shared the following information regarding those who have been declined or received an error message:
As communicated previously, those who have been declined or received an error message can now lodge an appeal. The process is done through the UIF Call Centre and no email addresses will be used for the process. Please note that mails received outside this process will not be entertained due to verification process rules. The call centre is very busy, but please just keep trying and eventually you will get through.
The steps to follow are:
- Apply as normal and if declined, please contact UIF Call Centre on 0800 030 007
- You will be subjected to an authentication process
- A link will be sent for you to upload docs (form & supporting docs). Please click here to access the form
- The documents will be transferred to UIF and officials will then review and assess
- A decision will be made to accept or decline within approximately 5 working days
- Once approved, you will receive notification via email and you then have 72 hours to go back to the normal UIF portal to relodge the claim
- To relodge your claim you log onto the portal and select your business activity as previously done
- On the main division sector, select OTHER (APPROVED APPEALS) and the system will accept for you to proceed further